Wednesday, October 01, 2008

ouch ouch ouch
























(this drawing is from
Plognark)


"It's time that normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency..."

Governor Sarah Palin in radio interview with Hugh Hewitt.


Let's play a word-association game. What or who comes to your mind when I say

"JOE SIX-PACK?"

Here are some of my answers:
Bubba.
Redneck.
The guy down the street with a beer belly who walks around showing his butt crack.
"King of the Hill"
"Family Guy"
Homer.

I've gotta say. "Vice President of the United States" doesn't spring to mind for me.

The media has been reporting this as Sarah Palin trying to appeal to Joe Six-Pack. I don't read her answer that way (I listened to it too, and I'm sticking to my interpretation).
"...finally represented IN the position of vice presidency..."

I am offended that she thinks we're stupid enough to want "Joe SixPack" as our leader. You want a leader to be the best of the general public in order to best serve it. You do not necessarily want a leader to be representative OF the general public, particularly if you characterize the general public as "Joe Sixpack". Or at least those are my ideals. (I'm not the only one.)

The stupid, it burns...

5 comments:

Holly Jahangiri said...

LOL!!

Billy Joe Bob with a beer belly. (That's my new version of "s*** on a shingle." Let's start a trend, shall we? "She said WHAT? Well...Billy Joe Bob with a beer belly, bash mah brains in.")

Michael Tobis said...

Alas, there is nothing new here.

Do you remember Senator Roman Hruska? I remember him for one thing only, only one thing he said.

Wikipedia remembers him in much the same way. He basically argued that it was past time for mediocrity to be represented on the Supreme Court.

Kanga Jen said...

Well, I suppose that when you are faced with the need to come up with a solid reason to vote somebody in, and there is simply none there, it's as good a panic-lob as any.

I was glad to read it didn't work with Roman Hruska's supreme court justice. May history repeat itself. (?????)

Anonymous said...

Man! I've been waiting for your take on the debate last night..... come one man, bring it! LOL... I thought for sure you would have posted something. I was wanting a little more fire from both of them. It was a little boring to me. I thought for sure you would have loved the global warming topic....LOL. I told Reg... Okay, this is cool, they're talking about climate change/global warming/energy.... J will be screaming in a minute! LOL...

TTYL

Trouble

Holly Jahangiri said...

Maybe we should get you to run for office, J.; your brain works and you're pretty persuasive.