Tuesday, April 03, 2007

stuff

I've started and then deleted several blog entries this week. I'm too emotional right now to write anything decipherable much less interesting (B&K's house went on the market). So let's see if I can come up with something trivial to blog about so you don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth.

Things I wonder:

What is the purpose of having the cashier at our local grocery store ask me if I want paper or plastic bags? WITHOUT FAIL, he or she will ask me, and I will faithfully answer. Then WITHOUT FAIL, within 5 seconds, the bagger will ask me the exact same question. Every single time. It's hard not to laugh. They need some tinkering with their systems management. The whole "cashier tells bagger what kind of bag to use" step has been deleted from their system. Or maybe they're going by the axiom that duplication eliminates error?

I wonder if the poor soul who obviously left his/her coffee mug on the roof of their car ever found it? There was an insulated coffee mug lying in the middle of the road near my house. I can only conceive of that one way that it got there.

Am I a bad mom for forgetting piano lessons this week (it's spring break)? I did get a call from their teacher about 30 minutes after we were supposed to be there so I cracked the whip, got them in the van despite having to physically extract them from Gameboys and Nintendo DS's. But then I think I am going to forgot to take them to baseball practice too tomorrow. I have hit burnout so heavily that I just cannot bear to schedule anything at all. Maybe we'll wander over to the theater to watch Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles after sleeping until 11.

1 comment:

J said...

Sometimes you have to just take a break from everything, from the schedule. You just have to.

Enjoy your sleep.