Friday, April 13, 2007

I found it!

Finally!!! I've been looking for this on youtube for a while!

I love this song so much. So much, in fact, that I would ask this man to marry me if I hadn't already found DH and he wasn't already married. I love him for writing and singing it.
I could have this song played at my memorial service.
I don't mean for that to be morbid - it's just that it's one of those songs that I think define what it is that I am inside. It's ... me. It's me.
I even insisted on playing it for my YRUU teens a few weeks ago. And they didn't hate it. :-)

I'm not sure I like the video itself so much, but the song! The song!
It has:
Father/son (which is ok. Substituting mom/son or mom daughter works too)
That parent/child relationship is even more than I thought it would be.
This song agrees.
Piano. (which has been part of me since I was 4 years old)
Reference to baseball. (DH!)
This world is described as a "bouncing ball" How fun and beautiful is that?
The name of the group: Five for Fighting. It's a reference to ice hockey.
Five minute penalty for fighting. I don't know why, but I love that.
It's about searching for meaning.
It aches.
It finds hope.
It references a Dylan song (dear friends B&K!)
Beautiful melody.
"There are secrets that we still have left to find." (sigh)
"There have been mysteries since the beginning of time." (sigh)
"There are answers we're not wise enough to see." (yes!) (sigh)
It makes me feel like I'm soaring.
It's my theme...we all search, we all look, we all hope. But the answer, ultimately, is not something that we need to search so awfully hard after all ... because it is already here with us. You and I. It is simply that simple.

Click here for the video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd never hear that song but I like it!