Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Golden Compass

This looks like it'll be a great movie! And even better - the books. (I haven't read them but I'm going to).

From the website:
Lyra's world is a world very much like ours, in a parallel universe. Much of it would be familiar to us - the continents, the oceans, Brytain, Norroway, and the North Pole...much is shockingly different. In Lyra's world, a person's soul lives on the outside of their body, in the form of a daemon - a talking animal spirit that accompanies them through life, always close to its corporeal half. A child's daemon can change shape, assuming all the forms that a child's infinite potential inspires; but as a sperson ages, their daemon gradually settles into one form, according to their character and nature.
Mine is a snow leopard.

9 comments:

lrd said...

Hmm. Mine is an ocelot. Had to look that one up!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your daemon:-) Yes, daemon envy. You must read the books. They blew my mind (esp because they are heavy and wild and my 11-year-old nephew gave them to me to read!). LT

Anonymous said...

Mine is Theonilla, a lioness... Imagine that!

Trouble

Anonymous said...

I was a Lion. Funny, since I'm a Leo. Ariel was a snow leopard, also. You must tell me what E got!

Anonymous said...

I'm a rabbit. Mom

Mama Moose said...

Mine is again a raccoon -- I got this at a Women spirit gathering. Smart and full of service. Very interesting.

Kanga Jen said...

Hello Theonilla/Trouble!!
Haven't heard from you in a long time - hope things are going well...

Kanga Jen said...

Tra and Mama moose - I answered for my kids and I came up with a Raccoon for E, too. Q was a spider. (?)
I need to let them do it and see what they get for themselves.

Ruthie said...

Mine appears to be some sort of baboon.

I am faintly put out.