Friday, April 13, 2007

I felt the earth move...

I would move heaven and earth to spend a day with my DH. And I did the latter.



We have an icky drainage problem in our front yard consisting of a "bowl" just at the end of our septic pipes. Use your imagination. Enough said.

So we're regrading. We had a bet going. I said it would take 12 cubic yards. DH said it would take 4 or at most 5. The good news is that I was right (of course!). The bad news is that I was right. So after an afternoon (a very lovely afternoon, I should add) of back-destroying labor, we're about halfway through our original plan. First DH, and now I, am wondering if what we've done is good enough after all. Just now as I sit here with tingling toes (I think I threw my back out again) and shoulders that hurt when I breathe, I'm thinking it would sure be nice NOT to play Mother Nature again. Erosion, I take my hat off to you. You've got it figured out, baby.

In any case, we're having "the storm of 20 years" moving in this weekend so we'll see how the drainage works. (That, or the fruits of our labor will be washed down into M's yard.)

...and we haven't even started on the 5 cubic yards of mulch in our driveway!! You've gotta love spring!!!

No comments: