Monday, September 22, 2008

welcome back favorite friend

Today is the first day of autumn!! This is one my most anticipated days every year. I have waxed philosophic and danced with fluffy words in so many past blog entries as the autumn returns that I won't do it again here. At least, I won't do so today. I have been especially looking forward to autumn this year, as I have dedicated this (school) year to myself. I'm no longer PTA president. I have no responsibilities at UU (haven't even attended in 1.5 years). Me and my family - that is the plan for this year. I will make time once again to read and knit and cook and do things with my children. I will finally learn to can and quilt.

So. Today, I will be rushing home from work to attend a Girl Scout planning meeting for a camping trip next weekend - one that I have volunteered to be one of the attending adults - meaning E and I go camping next weekend (!). I will then rush home to host a PTA Reflections planning meeting at my house. Auspicious start.

Here's an autumn project for me:

Lemon basil
I need to do something with this...

3 comments:

Holly Jahangiri said...

Oh yeah you DO need to do something with that lovely lemon basil...or send it my way! ;)

I love autumn. I miss having four seasons. I miss October in Ohio. I miss hills aflame with colorful leaves. They barely turn, here - blink, and you miss it. Next thing you know, you're raking them up in a wet pile that's not even worth jumping into.

I can enjoy it vicariously with you.

J said...

Don't. Want. To. Talk. To. You.

Too. Cold.

Anonymous said...

Autumn is definitely here in Colorado. It's 50 degrees this morning with a cobalt blue sky and the leaves are turning. I love this time of year!!!