Tuesday, January 02, 2007

on your mark, get set, go

Day two into the new year and I haven't really thought about resolutions yet. Weird. That's usually one of the first things I do on New Year's. I love resolutions, new starts, clean slate, etc. I'll be thinking on it. "Complain less" will be on the list.

I have the day off work today to mourn ex-President Ford. I haven't worn black and I haven't thought about him much, so I suppose I should at some point to assuage my conscience. I've always liked Gerald Ford, actually, more on a gut feeling rather than feeling strongly about anything he ever did. He just seemed honest and humble and a nice guy. There aren't many modern presidents that you can feel that way about.

We had a nice holiday trip to Texas to visit my family. It was too short. We need to plan to do less traveling around when we're out there or lengthen the trips. We walked into our house last night after 11 pm, so this national day of mourning came at a nice time for me. I've been slowly recreating my refuge (bedroom), doing laundry, cleaning out christmas leftovers (and Thanksgiving - bleah! Do not judge me.) from the fridge, and I did a huge grocery shopping trip. Haven't had time for just sitting and knitting or reading yet, but I'll make time tonight. (That's another resolution - More quiet time for me).

Happy New Year to anyone reading this!! Most of you I know personally, and I can confidently say that you ROCK, and some of you I know read this because one of the wonderful people who ROCK and who I know sent you this link, and I can honestly say that if you're a friend of one of my ROCKing friends or relatives then you do too.
Follow that?

I will also resolve to write more interesting blog entries and fewer "daily diary" type entries (like this one). That is, when I actually think about resolutions, I will resolve to do that.

Peace out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you! Why would you want to go and write anything different than what you do? I love catching up on everything that's going on in your everyday life. Glad that ya'll made it back down to God's country... Yes, I know, God has a sick sense of humor, doesn't he? LOL... Yes, I said the G word to prod you! LOL... Happy New Year! Are you coming to our 25 year reunion this summer? I sure hope so. I haven't seen you or that girl from Co. at any of them! I'm telling your Dad! LOL... My New Year's Resolution was to get back in shape again. So far so good, but it's hell getting old. I've been riding my bike for a week now and my bad leg has already started whining really bad. Get back Jack and keep pedaling you stupid leg. LOL...

Take care you!

Trouble.

Kanga Jen said...

Hi trouble!! Thought about you while I was zipping through Houston! It was nice to be back home but was way too busy. Visited with Mare (!), my aunt, my grandmother, and a collegue from UH. I even got to spend a little time with my parents and sisters.

Didn't know anything about the 25 year reunion. When/where is it? Who's planning it? It'd be kind of fun to make it.

Happy New year!!! I hope it's a great one for you...