Saturday, January 20, 2007

great white north

DH is back from his trip to Sioux Falls, SD...

On the way in:

And from a closer perspective, here are the "falls" of Sioux Falls:
(Yes, these are supposedly waterfalls. DH said it had been something like -30 F a little before he got up there)

...all of which makes me think that my response to the possibility of him being transferred up there for his job was spot on. (my response was identical to the one I gave to the possibility of Mississippi: "OK. We'll miss you.")

No offense meant. I love cold, I love winter. But that'd be a little too much for this Texan, I think.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh, yeah. Falls Park is beautiful in the summer. As I may have mentioned before, even though I'm about 110 miles from Sioux Falls, even *I* don't go there in January.
If you are thinking Niagara Falls, Sioux Falls will be disappointing, but they are a landmark in the city and striking with the red rocks, which are covered with ice now. It would be nice to have a cool March Mom living that close by and you'd feel right at home in the summer. It's warmed up to the 20's now!

Kanga Jen said...

Well having you around would be a definitely enormous plus. But enough to counteract -30 F in the winter? I love you Jodie, but....um. Look, I grew up in Houston!!!

Yeah, DH said it was a nice and toasty 20s during the day when he was there. They offered him an office. He chuckled at them.

J said...

I felt about the same way ("We'll miss you!") when Andreas was considering an attending position in Tennessee (when he finished fellowshop in 2001). I think he would have taken it, too, had I not started crying when he tried to bring up realtors. I wanted to go HHHOOOOMMMMEEEE!! "Home" being New England, of course.