Monday, November 28, 2005

mr. darcy

I saw two versions of Pride and Prejudice this weekend. Oh, for the love of Mr. Darcy!! (sigh, sigh, sigh) I feel like I'm in high school again. HOW did I not read this book in High School? As soon as Erin is able, she's going to know all of Jane Austen's novels.

But to serious business:
Tell me, which Mr. Darcy is the best, the truest?

Mr. Darcy number one (Colin Firth)


or Mr. Darcy number 2
(Matthew Macfadyen)








I thought no one would ever be able to play Darcy again because Colin Firth *became* Darcy, but Matthew Macfadyen has the whole blue eyes and tousled hair thing going for him. I was impressed that he can even try in my mind. He wasn't bad at all.

Now back to my 21st century, middle class, regular life.

....(adding this later)....
Here's the first vote: E came in and saw my blog. I told her the story of P&P in a couple of sentences, and she pointed straight at Colin Firth (Mr. Darcy number 1), no hesitation whatsoever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, the new Mr Darcy is cute. (It does feel like blasphemy to say this!) But there is still only one in my heart.
:-)

Anonymous said...

My heart belongs to Colin {hubba hubba}.

I shouldn't officially vote until I see this version of P&P, though.

Kanga Jen said...

I'm anxious to see what you think of the new one. It's not possible for a 2 hr movie to be as complete as a 5-6 hour one, but I thought the new one did a good job with the story over all. I did think the period stuff was a little overdone. And Keira whatshername has a cute face but her body looks like a skinny 12 year old. I'd have liked someone else playing Lizzie, I think. And while Colin Firth will always be my Mr. Darcy, this new guy, I thought, was *good*.
He has a very soulful face and could look hurt and proud at the same time very well.

Oh, and I thought the guy playing Bingley was HORRIBLE in the new one. He was a total nutcase.