Monday, May 14, 2007

8 Random things about me

Ruthie from Zaftig tagged me with a meme to list 8 random things about myself so here goes:

1. I like to reread cheesy romance novels, especially when I'm not in the mood to think much.

2. I routinely destroy books from reading in the bathtub (can't help it).

3. I flew home from London to Washington DC on December 21, 1988, same day, same time that Pan Am Flight 103 went down in Lockerbie. On this the same trip, we'd arrived in London on Dec 12, 1988, where we caught a train from London to Edinburgh on the same day, same time, as a major train crash there.

4. I absolutely adore key lime pie.

5. I voted for Ronald Reagan in 1986 (I am not proud. I am, in fact, horrified by this, with all due respect to my more conservative friends...(grin))

6. I never remove the label from the top of a wine bottle before pulling the cork. I'm either impatient or lazy.

7. I once ran off to Quebec City with an Iranian guy I barely knew. I've not done all that much impulsive in my life, so I like to cherish the few times I did.

8. I have never ever tried illegal drugs - not even once.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget that Lockerbie day...because I knew you were flying home that same day. That was a scary few hours.

I also adore key lime pie. I also adore cheesecake, which I previously thought I hated. Turned out I was wrong.

Ruthie said...

That's awesome! Key lime pie is the best.

At the Minnesota State Fair, they have a booth that sells something you would really love: frozen, chocolate-covered key lime pie on a stick.

My mouth is watering.

Also, I re-read cheesy Nancy Drew books when I'm not in the moo to think. And they get destroyed in the bathtub, too. :)

Kanga Jen said...

Maybe there's an invention in here somewhere..."book dry" or "no soak" or something.

Yeesh. chocolate covered key lime pie. I could then die fulfilled. :-)

Anonymous said...

You can get Key Lime Pie on a stick at the Benton County Fair in Sauk Rapids, MN. The vendor is the "Bread Basket".

It is awesome.

http://www.bentonfairmn.com/
Right across from the beer garden!