Monday, February 05, 2007

various and sundry

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be released on July 21, 2007.
Grab your place in line now. (I'm wondering if we're going to have to buy three separate copies of the silly thing. Me, Q and E all insist we should be the first to get to read it.)

It's good to be a cat. It's about 18 degrees outside at the moment, and while *I* can't tell whether it's 18 or 78 outside as I sit here in my climate-controlled house, apparently my cat can. He spent the evening curled up on the heating vent, purring furiously.

I've been having trouble coming up with coherent thoughts lately, much less be able to construct a meaningful blog entry. I accused my sweet daughter of forging my signature on her reading log. Only when she recounted to me exactly where I was standing when I signed it (in the hall), what I was wearing (pajamas), and what I was doing (the laundry) did I admit to myself that I have just simply misplaced that memory. From yesterday. The worrisome thing is that darling daughter was not miffed at me for falsely accusing her. She was, in fact, totally unsurprised.

I have freshly washed flannel sheets on my bed right now. It's not a heater vent, but it's awfully close... Time to go curl up with DH on the couch in front of the fire, then I'm off to my haven. Cozy.

3 comments:

J said...

I have already placed my order for two copies of the new Harry Potter. Otherwise A and I would be playing tug-o-war with it.

Enjoy your flannel sheets. DH gave me a lovely set from Garnet Hill for Valentine's Day several years ago.

Lynne Thompson said...

Nothing like those flannels:-)
even when you supposedly are having trouble coming up with coherent thoughts, you are fun to read. --LT

Kanga Jen said...

Lynne, you made my day. That was so sweet to say - Thank you so much!!!