Thursday, February 01, 2007

...but she DID say it.

Molly Ivins.

When I heard Molly Ivins died of breast cancer yesterday, I started looking for my well-loved dog-eared book "Molly Ivins Can't Say That Can She?" I couldn't find it. I think I gave it to someone and I couldn't be more proud. Molly Ivins needed to be shared. She said things that needed to be said, things that needed to be shared. She was straight up. She was in your face. She was smart. She was kind (she really was). She was fearless. She was hysterical. She was awesome.

I am proud to be a woman from Texas when I can say that women like Ann Richards and Molly Ivins were Texas women, too. The loss of those two so close together is an enormous hole in the heart of Texas and a big loss to the nation.
Any nation that can survive what we have lately in the way of government, is on the high road to permanent glory. Molly Ivins

Good thing we've still got politics in Texas - finest form of free entertainment ever invented. Molly Ivins

During a recent panel on the numerous failures of American journalism, I proposed that almost all stories about government should begin: 'Look out! They're about to smack you around again!' Molly Ivins

I'm going to miss you Molly Ivins. A lot.

1 comment:

J said...

I was so sad to read about her passing! What was it Bill Clinton said? Something about Molly being sharp when she agreed with him, but even sharper when she criticized him...something like that.

I will miss her, and Ann Richards.

Sigh.