Thursday, June 26, 2008

my husband loves me

Here is my anniversary/birthday present


I feel a bit like a two-year old being asked to drive a BMW.

I've already screwed up by deleting about half of the first pictures I took (computer-user error, rather than camera-user error). Luckily, none were super fantastic, but I did get some cute sequence shots of the boys going off the high-dive at Q's end-of-season baseball party. You'll have to just take my word for it now.

Here's a cute one of Q, such a 12 year old boy face, all acne and scratches from a dog and slight sunburn and dirt on the upper lip (I am not prepared to admit that is anything other than dirt at this point, do not pressure me).


I'm thinking about driving around town today and just experimenting. I haven't taken it off "auto-pilot" yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a fantastic photo of Q. And, when you enlarge it, that is CLEARLY not dirt on his lip, sorry, but nice try. :)

J said...

Congrats!

My advice for great shots? Put it on P and learn to adjust the white balance settings. Use natural light whenever possible.

Lynne Thompson said...

Very handsome young man with um dirt on his lip.

(with you in denial) LT