Tuesday, January 15, 2008

sunroom update... (primed and ready to go)

We are almost there!!!! I am so happy with our contractor and with the speed and efficiency with which this is taking place...

Here's a view of the room from the door leading to the deck. The gray (unprimed) part will be a single door (9-panel glass) leading to the playroom. Notice one of the skylights on the ceiling. Thank you Dave for encouraging the skylights. Heaven. I think we are going to stain the wood around the windows (oak stain) rather than paint. We'll do the same with the interior doors. The paint color is a creamy, off-white. (E is very disappointed I didn't go with the fluorescent yellow she picked out.) I need to hold off on color. I can't "feel" the room yet. Gotta live in it a little bit before I know what color it is.


Here is a view looking toward the deck and the kitchen. The ugly red exterior door will become an oak-stain double French door later this week.


And here's the deck. Did I say I love this Oasis composite decking? Our friend was fooled - he thought it was redwood. No maintenance. Oooh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the deck especially is beautiful. I love the look of the white railing against the faux redwood. You are going to SO gel in your sun room and hot tub on your deck. Go you!

J said...

That looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! You inspire me to call the contractor:-)--Lynne