Saturday, January 05, 2008

livin' in a material world and I am a material girl


Oh my.

I am really REALLY enjoying our new flat-screen 42" plasma TV. In fact, I went out and rented 4 movies tonight to go along with our pizza and brie and crackers. We don't have full digital cable yet but we are enjoying the high-definition network channels until the full service is hooked up. I have sunk to a new low/high of the "consumer." I feel guilty that I enjoy it so much. But the fact is that I do.

Stardust was a nice, feel-good movie. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you sister. That 42-inch TV makes you want to watch the Home Shopping Network or the 700 Club just to be watching TV if there was nothing else on. It is a thing of beauty. Congrats! Hi-def is amazing.

PS. Go Obama!

Lynne Thompson said...

I'm just so glad I know you, because that is exactly how I feel! We were ogling those TVs in the store yesterday...and Rich and I were like drooling over them. Such a quandary... but it is ok to relax and enjoy in our own homes, right? I get the guilt totally though:-)--LT

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Don't get too carried away with your TV. I've tagged you by the way. See my blog for details.