Friday, January 04, 2008

OK, I don't feel so bad anymore...

I've had this conversation with several people, including my email list of moms and several friends. I have always been pessimistic that the emphasis on individual action as a "help" to global warming was in error. Seems like Al Gore agrees with me. :-)

We can do our little parts.

But the real difference comes when governments of people take collective action. Yes.


(I'm feeling justified for my perceived negative comments of the past)



-------------------------------------------------
We must abandon the conceit that individual, isolated, private actions are the answer.
They can and do help.
But they will not take us far enough without collective action.

- Al Gore, Nobel Lecture
-------------------------------------------------

No comments: