Monday, August 20, 2007

Newsweek article - a must read

Here's the Newsweek article on the story of the Global Warming Deniers machine and who is funding them (take a wild guess).

Also, please take a look at the Skeptical Science link I added. He's got a nice summary of current arguments used by denialists with very clear responses, based on science, that show the total and complete fallacy of these arguments. It's very scary to me how this "machine" of denial has gained such momentum when scientific fact is so very clear in support of the presence of human-induced global warming. It's admitedly not easy to do your own thinking and research, but the fact that people are happy to jump on board whatever ship seems appealing is frightening to me.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

I agree with you--the people in denial frighten me. Many are those who are convinced the world is going to end soon, they'll be in Heaven, and it won't matter what shape the world is in. Eek.

(from a fellow UU browsing through Blogger keywords)

Kanga Jen said...

Hi Suna -

Thanks for the comment.

And hey - I knit too!! (and I grew up in Texas)...

Jen