Saturday, March 10, 2007

what I do for relaxation

I'm having a difficult time blogging recently. I've told a few more friends that I interact with on a daily basis about my blog and it has suddenly made me shy. (flutter eyelashes, shift, shift). As a result, I've been trying to thing of more interesting topics on which to blog, and preferably ones that will impress everyone and make them think I'm awesome. This, rather than resorting to using my questionably "exciting" day-to-day life as fodder as I have been for the last few weeks. But, well... I just can't think of anything. CNN is no longer my friend and source for news, so I'm losing touch with what is going on in the world (is that so bad after all?). I logged onto the CNN webpage at one downpoint during work and was so offended by the National Enquirer type bent to the news that I blasted off an email to them (which will have the effect of pelting an elephant with a grain of sand) and vowed not to read them anymore.

So I've given up on finding an enticing topic to write about. I'll save that one for another day. I'm too tired to think right now. I have found the limit of my ability to function and am teetering at the edge of it. Plus my entire body aches.

So anyway, given my breakdown last week from having too much to do, and given this weekend's busy schedule, guess what I decided my next course of action should be? (Keep in mind that I really don't think I'm that much of an idiot. I just act like one sometimes.)



Yup. I'm refinishing our floors. Much too late, actually. The much too late part shows up in this next picture in the form of the dark spots down the middle of the hallway where it's been worn down. But you know, it really doesn't bother me that much so we're just leaving it there and refinishing with new coats of polyurathane to keep it from getting worse. (It doesn't bother me because it would be to the tune of multiple thousands of dollars if it did bother me. See why it's hardly noticable after all?)



So cleaning the floors made me see how horribly crappy the baseboards were, which made the see how horrible the walls were. In a fit, I cleaned the walls with too much gusto, rubbing off the paint (which shows up in that picture too), which means as soon as I finish the floors it's time to paint the hallway. After I put the moulding and rosettes up around the playroom door. It's a good thing worked the equivialent of several days extra last week and banked them away. I think I'll use them this week to remodel the house. I'm a fun date, aren't I?

3 comments:

JeepGirl said...

I think the floors look fantastic! Great job :)

J said...

I'm impressed.

Gets me thinking about all the things around here that need to be done. I think we are heading into a summer of touchup painting/repainting.

J said...

hey - I tagged you over at my blog. :-)