Thursday, March 01, 2007

hear me roar

...because I am Mommy.


I had to throw this together for the Dr. Suess' Birthday book parade tomorrow. E chose the book "Eldest" by Christopher Paolini. She wanted to be the dragon Thorn. Gah.


So thanks to $3.00 sweats from the evil retail store, some thin wrapping paper from who knows where, posterboard, lots of tape, glue, safety pins and a ribbon (to hold the tail on), voila. Thorn stands in the playroom.

I'm quite proud of this, given the state of near-panic I've been in this week, trying to hold everything together.

So guess what DH is doing about now?

It looks like he won't be home when he thought he would.

From the Argus Leader:
Businesses, schools and government offices are shutting down early today as the worst blizzard since November 2005 moves into the Sioux Empire.

A blizzard warning remains in effect until 6 p.m. Friday in eastern South Dakota, including the cities of Sioux Falls, Brookings, Vermillion, Mitchell and Huron.


Gah. Poor guy. Stuck in a hotel room...with room service...on good TV night...in a place where it's someone else's job to clean and cook and wash dishes...in a nice peaceful quiet room with no kids, dog or cat fighting for his attention. Yeah. Poor guy.

6 comments:

J said...

Yeah, but it's not the same since YOU aren't there to share it.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, is this the week? My parents called tonight and said they won't be here for Noah's b-day tomorrow because of this blizzard. They are just an hour or so below your hubby right now. :-(

Stay warm, John!

Holly Jahangiri said...

You are amazing. Can you make me a dragon costume, too?? (I don't know why. I just love dragons. I could dress up with W. next Halloween... I'd wear it. I really would.)

Ellen said...

You rock!!

Kanga Jen said...

Thank you thank you!! :-)
I scored big mommy points from her for that one.

Snickollet said...

Hi there,

Saw your comment on Dorcasina's blog. So sorry you have any experience with pancreatic cancer, or any cancer at all. I hope your aunt is doing OK.

Awesome costume, by the way. I haven't had time to read much of your blog, but I plan to.

Good luck with everything.

-snickollet