Thursday, March 15, 2007

I feel so loved

So tonight, being totally exhausted from three straight days of nothing but refinishing floors, I'm sitting on the couch with my *&#$ glass of wine and 'Nilla Wafers. I was hungry (mostly forgot to eat today) so I had a BIG handful of the cookies. I dropped one in my lap. My dog, Roxy, lunged forward and snatched it. (I think she was sitting at my feet waiting for that to happen). I shouted out. (It was my cookie, after all.)

Suddenly, a blur of fur crossed my vision. It was all so fast, I didn't see what happened. The next thing I knew, my cat Sammy had attacked Roxy and had her cornered. There was raised fur, there were throat growls, there was PLENTY of cowering by the canine half. After a several minute stand-off, Roxy slunk off (peering over her shoulder to make sure the feline half wasn't continuing to stalk her), while Sammy jumped up in my lap and comminced purring.

What the hell?

My cat just protected me. Who knew? That animal loves me! I don't know that I've heard of an attack cat before but I cannot imagine any other reason for the attack than he was defending me. Sniff.

2 comments:

J said...

How sweet! How funny!

Our cat Zoe, who we had to euthanize in December '05, would have protected C like that.

Anonymous said...

Sammy's been with you so long, you are the important constant in his life. I'm not surprised. It's gonna be okay that he slobbers when he kneeds you now, huh?