Wednesday, March 15, 2006

CRISIS!

OMG.

I feared that this day would come. I hoped it wouldn't, but it has indeed come.
We are in the midst of a family crisis.

We received a phone call last night from Q's spring baseball coach.
He was drafted by: I can't say it.

Q thinks it's great fun. He's already planning to wear his Red Sox uniform from last year to practices. DH, on the other hand, is not finding much humor in the situation. This is the man who told me that if he hadn't met and married me, and if he was still living in the Boston area (a lot of ifs there), he would BE Ben Wrightman from Fever Pitch.

So, poor guy, this is excruciating for him. I'm hoping the coach will ask him to assist. (snort) I do know that he would never ever EVER wear a Yankees (oops I said it) shirt or hat.

E, on the other hand, is on the innocuous Rockies.

And thus it begins. We have 4 practices in the next 6 days, one of which directly conflicts with piano lessons. Ah, the smell of spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yankees,Yankees,Yankees!!! LOLOL.... Boy, that's funny! Poor John.....You have got to get a picture of him if he ever wears a Yankee cap or hat Jen. This is almost as funny as the fainting goats. I still die laughing whenever I see those. I'm laughing now! LOLOL... Thank you so much!

SR.

Oh, I think that I heard something else about a team being called the Yankees in the Boston area and the coach made some kind of deal where they wouldn't be calle the yankees.... if I can find that story, I'll send it to you.... Man,,, somebody up above or wherever has got a good sense of humor!

Lynne Thompson said...

This tickles me so much. It's hard to believe how important sports are to some people:-). but I know this rivalry in particular is special and long-lived. I hope the season passes quickly. LT