Wednesday, February 08, 2006

meme

I was tagged by a moose.

(these are not necessarily my favorites, but are the ones I can think of right now.

Seven movies I have loved:
....Pride and Prejudice (with either Colin Firth OR Matthew MacFadyen)
....When Harry Met Sally (not so much now as it was perfect for me at the time)
....Contact (always!!)
....Shrek
....The Princess Bride
....Indiana Jones
....A Fish Called Wanda


Seven books I love
:
....The Path of Minor Planets by Andrew Sean Greer
....Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer
....Replay by Ken Grimwood
....Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series
....Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (can I have it on movies AND books?)
....The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
... Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquival

Seven things I say:
....You are pushing me TOO FAR! (guess who I say that to)
....SAMMY!!! (yelled in exasperation at my cat)
....Hey guys, how about TV DINNERS tonight!!??
....I'm going to exercise starting tomorrow.
....Honey, I have a meeting on (insert choice of night...it's all of them)
....Thank you. (I have tons of opportunities for this one)
....What's a date night?


Seven things that attract me to a city
:
....must be small enough to run into people I know at the library.
....must be large enough to be able to shop without driving > 15 minutes.
....lots of greenspace
....close to the mountains
....good schools
....plenty of picnic spots
....a good place for outdoor dining (where in Williamsburg?? Suggestions??)


Seven things to do before I die
:
....visit Hawaii, Norway, New Zealand
....meet my grandchildren
....have a completely organized and clean house
....take some *real* cooking classes
....publish something fiction (I do quite enough publishing of non-fiction!!)
....get my piano tuned
....have muscular arms


Seven things I can't do
:
....sing
....control my temper when pushed to far (see above)
....listen to two conversations at once
....do a pushup (possible problem to goal #7 just above)
....clean my oven
....brush my teeth without gagging
....chop wood


Seven people to tag
:
....Mare
....Holly L.
....Karin
....Steve R (not dad)
....Jodie
....Mom
....Dad

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh, am I just not up on hip slang? what does one do when one has been tagged? does this mean I now need to answer these questions and mail them to you, as I don't have a blog? well, I might but I would never tell anyone.

Kanga Jen said...

Hip Slang? You slay me!

If you *want* to answer the questions then you can just post them here if you'd like.

If you have a blog that you haven't told me about then I will be furious with you.
:-)

Jen

Anonymous said...

Nah, I will just email them to you. Don't feel comfortable posting them on a blog for all the world to see...or DO I?

Anonymous said...

Seven movies I have loved:
Lion King.
Collateral
Bandits
Music from another room(my favorite chick flick,,,not a word Mare and Jen. LOL)
Ray
Something about Mary
Bull Durham
Any baseball movie I'll watch a thousand times.


Seven books I love:
The Stand
Debt of honor
Flowers in the attic series(okay Jen and Mare, you know the ropes! LOL)
Clear and Present Danger
Baseball Almanac
To Kill a Mockingbird
Several,Several honorable mentions

Seven things I say:
Yeah Right!
Cleo,, come here girlfriend(my dog that I'm totally in love with)

Suki come here girlfriend(my cat that I'm totally in love with)

Harley come here child... Suki's child actually, but I love him to death as well.

How many times do I have to talk to ya'll about the same things? I think that most parents know this one.

Oh, I knew that!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Referring to whenever an Astro hits a homerun....

Several things that I'd rather keep private whenever Chris Burke sent the Braves packing!!!!!! I still see him rounding the bases and say it!!!

foot work Caitlin, it's all in the footwork... she's a catcher



Seven things that attract me to a city:

Never stayed long enough in a big city besides Houston(totally turned off by Houston).

Mountains
clean air
friendly people
running streams
bike trails
baseball team
would love to see a real pro hockey team(I like it cause it's rough)
Houston only has one of the above, unless you count the drainage ditches that run through it that they call bayous. I think that they're more like murderer's dumping grounds here lately.

Seven things to do before I die:

Make honest peace with all the people that I've hurt and bury the hatchet for good instead of leaving the handle up so that I/we could use it again if problems arise.

Tell my oldest 3 boys the real truth and they actually listen to me.

Play major league baseball for an entire 9 innings just so that I can say that I had my cup of coffee.

Be someone that loves what he does for a living(I'm getting close finally).

Look into Regina's face right before I die.

Tell someone that I'm sorry without getting choked up.



Seven things I can't do:
Lie

balance a checkbook

intentionally hurt an animal

go to an Astros opening day without tearing up(tried it for 13 years in a row and haven't done that yet, so I guess you can say that I can't do it. LOL)

forget people that have passed on. Especially Dad,Aunt Freida,Dana,Uncle Charlie,Boo-Boo(Mom's Mom)....long story on the name.... LOL

take,,,, I'm a giver and don't feel comfortable taking. I hate that!


Seven people to tag:
Really don't have that many friends! LOL

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll give it a try Answers may show my age!

7 movies I have loved:
Last of the Mohicans - both films
Titanic
Pride & Prejudice
The Notebook
On Golden Pond
Star Wars series
Harry Potter series

7 books I love:
Snow Falling on Cedars
Gabaldon's Outlander Series
Michael Crichton's State of Fear (sorry Jen)
Hawaii
Beach Music
(can't remember others)

7 things I say:
Where did I put that?
What did you say?
What day is it?
Did you feed the cat?
What party are we going to today?
Where did I put that?
Where did I put that?

7 things I can't do:
computer modeling
be president
bend over
keep up with things
have babies
lift 5 lb. weights
cook for a crowd

LOve you all!

Kanga Jen said...

Oh, I forgot about Snow Falling on Cedars - I loved that book!!!
And I was laughing at your 7 things you say... :-) You and dad are funny.
But you can, too, cook for a crowd!! I've seen you do it many times and it's
sure delicious.

Love you too - and MISS you.

Your kid.

Kanga Jen said...

SR -
Something About Mary!! I loved that movie!! And I forgot about all the baseball movies. The Rookie, A League of Their Own, of course, Fever Pitch, LOL..... That would be John's life if he would have moved to Boston.

And you are so sweet about looking into Regina's face. Awwww. Make sure you tell her you wrote that. I hope you two have a great Valentine's day. :-)

...and Houston has two on your list. A baseball team and friendly people. BTW, just about my entire branch is going to be in Houston late Feb. and March for a field campaign. If you hear about a bunch of NASA scientists flying around measuring the atmosphere, those are my buddies!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, my gosh, i'm late commenting on this one, but i have to say i love your mother's list of "things i say". it's my list too. she made me laugh. bma