Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gerald

It's been a while. And for those who don't already know, you've probably guessed that DH's brother Gerald died last week (Friday morning). The funeral was Sunday, so I flew to Atlanta on Saturday and drove back with John on Monday. We didn't take the kids with us - they stayed with our wonderful friends B and K. So needless to say, DH and I are both exhausted and emotionally wrung out. The funeral itself was even harder for both of us than we expected. On the positive side, we spent a lot of time with family, which was actually very wonderful.

There are lots of memories and stories, both about Gerald and the funeral, but they just seem too personal to share online on a blog. So I'm going to pass.

So give me a little time to rest and recover, and I'll be back to writing soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... I have missed your writing and kinda figured that things in your family life were just turned upside down. I know that death is just a part of life, but it's so hard to get over. Give John a Texas size hug.

SR.

Kanga Jen said...

Thanks much Steve - we appreciate your good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hey,,, Ya'll(Texas term there.LOL) are more than welcome. Heart goes out to yall's family and friends are just an email away if needed...