Friday, February 17, 2006

10 reasons life is good

It's gonna be a good day.
Life is just *good*, and here are some reasons why:

1) We're going skiing today!!
2) I successfully managed to pre-make pulled barbeque chicken and manicotti stuffed with cheese and spinach for our trip. Less cooking there = more fun playing board games and sipping wine and making s'mores in the fireplace and staying out on the slopes.
3) They're predicting COLD with light snow showers in the mountains tomorrow, and COLD and clear Sunday. Perfect.
4) I woke up this morning with no sign of the sore throat and tired spirit that I had yesterday, which made me think I was going to spend our vacation inside taking tylenol and feeling miserable. But it magically disappeared last night.
5) I got to go to my survivor party last night at B and K's and we laughed over its silliness until we were hoarse.
6) I'm still chuckling over E finding a bag of lentils on the counter and popping a big handful in her mouth, thinking they were sunflower seeds. OOOOh, the spewing forth of lentils across our hardwood floor.
7) Baseball season is about to start (S.R. understands this one!). This happens every year. I'll be taking one of my kids out to a practice and as we walk up in the spring sunshine, I hear the slap of balls in gloves as the kids are throwing balls with their coaches or dads, and I tear up and think THIS IS SO GOOD.
8) I have the best parents EVER. Mom and Dad let me call them a million times a week and they always every time sound delighted to hear from me and let me talk as long as I need to. You still need your parents when you're 41.
9) Q finished his science project experiment and made his display and practiced his oral presentation last night, and can I just say that my son is SO CUTE. And incredibly smart. He was standing there all 8 feet tall of him, with his slim-sized pants almost falling off since he's so skinny, looking all earnest and proud of his work and telling what procedures and materials he used to determine which kind of bread molded the fastest, and I just wanted to jump up and squeeze him and tell him to STOP GROWING UP. No, I don't mean that. He's just getting cuter as he gets older. But he's going to make me quit hugging him in public soon.
10) Speaking of that, I did get quite a laugh out of myself on Monday. Here poor Q is, getting off the bus with all his buddies at school in the morning, when he sees his mom, who runs up to him, plants a kiss on the top of his head and hugs him and says (too loudly), "Hi sweetie!!! I forgot to give you money to buy valentines candy-grams with!!!! Do you want any?" Only after hearing a horrified "NO!!!!" while Q shrugged out of my hug and ran off did I realize that I'd turned into the MOM FROM HELL.
11) This is no longer a list, is it? I'm just inserting numbers randomly into a rambling paragraph of unrelated thoughts. But you know what? It's MY BLOG and I can do what I want!! I even put a number 11 on a list of ten. So that's another reason that life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome. I feel like I'm 14 again and we're reading our journals to each other again. Good one. I liked having a number 11 on a list of 10!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you still talk to your parents whenever you're 42 even! Or I should say parent now. Mom even comes over and spends the night sometimes! But don't tell anyone! LOL... Hell yes, I understand baseball season and thanks for the plug. Oh, I'm so ready. Caitlin is turning out to be quite a very talented catcher. I try not to be biased, but she has a perfect to second base and last night she threw a girl out at third trying to steal. Astros pitchers and catchers report today, so I'm of course so all over that! Oh,,, Billy Parker told me to tell ya'll hello. He and I "partenered up" last night at umpire class and He's pissed at you Mare for living where he wants to! LOL.

TTYL hugging Mom! Oh, and it's great to read your blog again, I missed seeing what's going on with you.

SR