Wednesday, April 01, 2009

a new journey



Today was the birth day of my eldest...who is now a teenager.



Teenagers love chocolate. They also love to be goofy.



See? Goofy.


Yep. Like I said. (Trying to get to his new ipod).



Another couple of Wii remotes so we can all play at the same time
(his idea, actually, isn't that sweet?!)




Razors. I am finally admitting that it is not dirt that resides above his lip.


A big hit of a present from mom&dad #2 (Brad and Kathy).
A Barack Obama magnetic doll with various changes of clothing.




"A change of clothing we can believe in."

And thus begins the first steps of my experience as a mom of a teen. I'm buckled in and ready to go.

7 comments:

J said...

So funny about the razors. I can see light fuzz on C's lip, but it's very blond. Hubby found his senior portrait from HS recently. Apparently he has a mustache in it, but one can't really see it. I suspect C will continue to take after his dad in that sense.

Looks like Q had a great birthday.

Holly Jahangiri said...

Good that you're not in denial. That there is the beginning of a manly mustache. Yikes. Happy birthday, Q! (I'm celebrating my birthday at your house next year - CHOCOLATE!!!!!)

Mare said...

I love the look on his face when he opened the razors...so funny.

Mom said...

All the photos didn't load for me...bad thunderstorms in the area I guess...but I am looking forward to seeing them. He is so lucky to have you as his mom, you know?

Hadass Eviatar said...

Happy birthday, Q! No razors for us yet, but I'm sure it will happen soon!

To quote Ben Franklin, J, we must all hang together, or assuredly, we will all hang separately!

Lynne Thompson said...

Very cool teen. YAY Quinton--Happy 13!

Ruthie said...

You'll do fine. He looks sweet. :)

I also love the view out the windows! Gorgeous!