Friday, November 23, 2007

my new boyfriend

I just have to post this. J has let me know that I can call Mikey Lowell my baseball boyfriend. Having nothing else to do on the day after Thanksgiving, like say, clean the house or finish the laundry, I came across this posted on youtube (just yesterday?). Awesome. Fun! He's such a classy guy, and that's why he's my new baseball boyfriend. His contribution to the team goes beyond 3B fielding or batting averages - the team wants/needs him there to keep them grounded. They were quite vocal about that too. He's a stabilizing influence - the ultimate teammate. This is a case where finding the exact right team mix includes more than simply HRs or RBIs and includes finding the chemistry that keeps them fighting on as a team.
It's a moot point, anyway because in case you haven't heard, he'll be back! Enjoy... (He's number 25)

3 comments:

J said...

Argh! The video is no longer available!!! What was it anyway?

Kanga Jen said...

Really????

It still shows up on mine - maybe it's in my cache or something?
It's some awesome Lowell highlights for the 2006 and 2007 seasons
with the Red Sox, set to "Alive and Amplified". I was worried it'd be taken off
because of copyright laws. Oh well. It was very cool. :-)

Jen

J said...

ok - NOW it's working. I swear I got a "no longer available" message the first time.