Saturday, October 13, 2007

rose orthodoxy

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
When I was in junior high, some of my classes were held in a "trailer".
Now, both of my kids both have had some of their classes held in "learning cottages."

When I was in junior high and kids got in trouble they were sent to "detention."
My son's middle school sends kids that misbehave to the "extended teaching room."

Our old "janitors" are now "custodians" and our old "cafeteria ladies" are now "food services personnel".

Up until last week, if I was using a copier and got the message "out of paper", I knew what to do.
Last week, when I got the message "resources required" I was stumped for a while. But I should have known.
(I'm not kidding this is really the new message that is displays when the paper is out)

Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

lrd said...

We must have an old copier - I haven't seen resources required. Very funny! However, when a teacher was out, we used to have substitutes. Now we have associate teachers.

lrd