Monday, November 27, 2006

photos

Here are some post-thanksgiving pictures to share. The first is a fine example of my, uh, anal tendencies when it comes to entertaining. No one expects this kind of stuff. No one wants this kind of stuff. Yet I insist. Mare called me while I was in the middle of finishing my lovely cheese wreath and she got quite a good laugh when I answered "Whacha doin?" truthfully. See what you're missing out on by living in Colorado, Jeep-girl?



Life lesson #242: Consider carefully whether it is worth the time or the effort to use cookie cutters on cheese. I have to admit that poor DH got roped into doing about half of these. He has talents I'd never dared to dream of. It is lovely, don't you think?

But look - the rest of my thanksgiving dinner
preparations were very simple, see?


The kids got the paper plates by the fireplace. I think they had the better end of the deal. Because, see, they got to eat the lovely leaf wreath too!









So on to my current obsession: christmastime fiber-optic sparkly lights:





For any of you who know Billy Jonas and his firecracker simulation: all together now. Oooooh, Aaaaaaah, Prettttty Colors!!!

DH smiled at me last night because I was just sitting and staring at my little christmas villages. If there'd been a window pane, I'd have my nose pressed against it. These things make me happy, what can I say?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom has those little villages and my girls LOVE to stare at them at xmas

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I have to say your cheese leaves look amazing. Way to go. That is actually all kinds of shades of cool.

However, I must point out, Martha, that the point of getting a pretty frame to put on your sideboard to complement your holiday decorations is actually putting a REAL photo in it and not leaving the store's photo in the frame. LOL!

Your table looked really nice. Why didn't you do that to our table in college?

Kanga Jen said...

LOL Mare, you would notice that. I won that picture frame as a door prize last month and I still haven't put a picture in it. Just for that I'm going to find a goofy one of you and put it in there. F.W.

And why didn't I make our tables look like that in college? Why I was too busy studying of course. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great! Post the goofy photo in that frame as soon as possible. I will be honored to be featured :)