Friday, September 29, 2006

bad news

We're off to Georgia this weekend. DH's mom was diagnosed with cancer - probably lung cancer. I want to cry that it's not fair - that his side of the family has been through enough this last year. And no, it's not fair, but it's life. And life just happens. Good friend B's father was just dianosed with Alzheimers, friend Jamie's mom just had unplanned emergency surgery to prevent stroke.

That's just the tip of it. I was going to go on, but it's too depressing.

I've asked the question several times whether this is just a really bad patch, or if this is going to be how life is, now that I'm getting older. I've gotten conflicting answers.

I think I have to go with that it's an especially rough patch. Yes, death is a part of the life cycle, but there sure is an awful lot of bad diagnoses in my circle of friends.

I'm hanging in there though, and am going to stay strong for DH. This is going to be very very hard on him. He is especially close to his mom.

And I am making a promise that I'm going to get back in the habit of trying to WRITE in this blog. I've been simply reporting things, like a journal, and it's getting a bit dull and kind of depressing. So I'm off to Ga for a long weekend and then will be back to plunge into autumn.

No comments: