Tuesday, January 10, 2006

sod's law - truth or truth

Sod's Law (which I enjoy saying much more than Murphey's Law) is:
"the phenomenon which dictates that when you drop your toast it will fall butter side down, that as soon as you get in the shower the phone will ring and that as soon as you buy a new pen you find the one you had lost," according to reliable web sources.

So it should come as no surprise that our Toyota Sienna van, which has caused us no problems thus far, which is still relatively new (2003 model), which we are religious about keeping up the maintainence and oil changes on, would overheat tonight as DH was finally driving home. What's up with THAT??? I didn't think new Toyotas were capable of overheating.

I've been miserable being away from my husband when he needs me, and miserable being away from my in-laws when they need family, and miserable feeling in the dark about news on Gerald and was SOOO looking forward to DH coming home tonight. So when he called to tell me he was on the side of the interstate just 1.5 hours away from home, I am proud that I did not burst into tears. (well at least I didn't while on the phone to him).

Much to my credit, though, I for some reason which obviously has nothing to do with sod or Murphey, upgraded our AAA membership to the Plus version this last time I renewed. This meant DH was able to have them tow the van 100 miles, which put him at the Toyota dealership about 5 miles from home. So I'm waiting for the call from him so I can call my friend B to go pick him up and deposit him right here on our doorstep. So now despite the best efforts of the sods of the universe, I am still going to get to see my husband tonight. I suppose right now, DH is enjoying (??) stilted conversation with some tow truck driver while plowing down the interstate. Maybe they're just listening to music.

...though I'd best speak softly because who knows when "Sod" will tire of making toast fall butter side down and will move again toward messing with me in other ways?

2 comments:

Mama Moose said...

Hang in there. It is a delicate balance...and it's good to dance with a bit of humor.

Anonymous said...

At least John is coming home. Know how long I rode a bicycle to work? LOL,,, I had to ride by a bar one time on the way to work and a drunk tried to take my wheels! LOL... I don't think so scooter! LOL..

SR

Natalie is right,,, SOD gets tired of kicking your tires every now and then! LOL. oh, and it pisses him off that you still have a sense of humor..

remind me to email you the funny story of what happened to me on Monday. Talk about SOD! LOL..