Wednesday, January 18, 2006

i'm still here

I'm still here - we're hanging in there. I haven't felt much like writing in this blog, but I'm forcing myself to keep up with it so I don't lose it totally. I know there are only a few of you that read this regularly, but I love that you do and I don't want you to get too bored and go away. :-) Bear with me - don't give up on me! I promise I'll be back to semi-normal after a while.

We all went down to Georgia last weekend to see Gerald. It's the first time I've seen him since he's been sick, and he looked just horrible. I told DH it was hard for me to recognize him until he smiled. He has the most beautiful smile, and it's exactly the same. DH told me that smile is why there are baby Geralds all up and down the east coast. Speaking of which - one of those babies is a 20-something lady that contacted Gerald about 5 years ago so she could meet her biological father. Gerald stayed in touch with her on and off since then. She came up to the hospital and surprised him by bringing her brand new daughter. She breezed into the room and plopped that baby right into Gerald's arms. He's got pictures of his new granddaughter pinned up all around the hospital room now. I wasn't in there at the time, but I hear it was very very touching. So there are some bright spots in all this, yes?

DH will probably go back athis weekend, but I don't want to put the kids through that trip again. So I'll probably be hanging around home for the short term at least.

By the way, our van is still being repaired after the debacle on the interstate last week. Apparently, the hotel that DH pulled off at was owned by a Japanese gentleman who was absolutely horrifed at the fact that he heard DH describe his car to AAA as a Toyota. The man insisted that Toyotas don't break down. Ever. Other cars do, but he's never heard of a Toyota breaking down. Hee. He can pay our repair bills then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, you're right. That's such a warming story PM. Glad to hear that. Been thinking of ya'll the past few days and hope that all is well. Maybe John should offer to trade Toyotas with the Japanese "gentleman" so that he can see for himself that yes indeed, there are lemons named Toyotas. LOL.... I'm still driving my two "pos" cars until the damn wheels fall off of them! LOL....

Glad to see that you're back writing again.

Baseball season is fast approaching!!! What does John think of all the Manny crap?

SR