Saturday, January 07, 2006

sad

2006 isn't starting out so well for us. DH is down in Augusta with his family and his brother, who is in the hospital dying from pancreatic cancer. From the phone call last night, it doesn't sound like he has much time left. I wish more than anything that I was with DH, but he said I should stay put for now. His brother is only 42. This is very sad.

So everything else I wanted to write about sounds so trivial and silly now. Life is moving along as always for me and the kids. It seems so delicate now - so breakable. We're all dancing around the edge of the chasm. But what else is there to do other than enjoy the dance? (insert your word of choice here - I can think of none that adequately describe what I want).

Q's foot is in a cast and he's on crutches. He's enjoying the attention very much. His entire 4th grade class has signed it now. I finished up revisions on my paper at work so that's a publication our team has under our belt. We're all happy about that. Jim is back from Antarctica and had lots of stories to tell. Horrible mission, but interesting time. E is having a great time flirting with all of Q's friends. They are such good sports and are playing along. It's all great fun now, but I am going to be freaking out in another 6 or 7 years.

See? Weird how such busy trivia can co-exist as someone important is dying. I don't know what else I expect, though. We'll just have to muddle through this together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family PM.... I'm so sorry.

Kanga Jen said...

Thank you!!!! I appreciate it. :-)