Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Friday night plans

Coming up on Friday night (two more days):



and then this take on it:
(skip over to time 2:20 if you don't want to listen to him talk beforehand)



I've heard him do the whole song like the beginning of this version - very slow and introspective with the accordian. Next time I heard them, it was like the released recording.
This is why I love the Counting Crows. You never know what version Adam is going to feel like going with on any given night. I've seen him in somber moods and freakishly upbeat moods. Every take of every song is awesome.

Same night:



I've never heard them live, so don't know how it'll be. I've heard some live recordings of them that were atrocious, but this one isn't so bad. I like them in smallish doses. His voice would get on my nerves if they were the only act. They're not, though, so should be fine. (I sound a little nervous about this part, don't I?)

Also that night:



The fates added her on for E. E LOVES Sarah Barellies and this song.

The weather channel gives us a prediction of sunny and a high of 87 for show night.

Yay!

3 comments:

J said...

jealous=me

Anonymous said...

Counting Crows: God. I love. His voice.

Maroon 5: Not so much.

Sarah Barellies: Never heard of her but that's a nice song.

Have fun. And if CC does Sullivan Street please Flic Your Bic for me.

Lynne Thompson said...

jealous=me too:-)

K loves Sarah B too! That song is infectious...
LT