Thursday, July 05, 2007

vacation

Yay! Before sunrise tomorrow, we depart for this general vicinity.

Then we'll head here.

PTA financial report has been prepared for the audit and passed along. Movies have been returned, as have library books. Trash has been taken to the dump. Check, check, check, check. Sammy the Great Hunter is safely locked away in his prison cell at the vet's and arrangements have been made to leave Roxy the Great Goof with a friend. Mail held, Newspaper held. Kids have packed and husband has packed. I, however, have not begun to pack (too busy doing all this other stuff). I wonder if all this stuff really would not get done if I didn't do it?

In other news - Happy Birthday to MEEEEE!!!! :-)

Be back in a week or so....happy from breathing fresh air and hiking in the mountains and play cards and dominos with my family...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! I'll see you tomorrow! Happy Birthday!

Jodie said...

Oh, you lucky dog. Colorado!! I've never been south to Pikes Peak, but I do love Estes Park! Are you headed back to that place where we both stayed at different times? Along the rippling mountain stream?? Give it my regards if so. I'm remembering my stay there two years ago very fondly.

Ruthie said...

Nice! That looks beautiful and relaxing... Have a lovely birthday!

Lynne Thompson said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!

Lynne

J said...

Hope your birthday was great!

-j

Kanga Jen said...

Jodie - no, we were at a cabin near the other entrance on the west side (the same one we stayed at 3 summers ago). I did, however, see the rippling mountain stream and thought of you and your girls. Such a nice place for a vacation...

Kanga Jen said...

Thanks, everyone, for the birthday wishes!! It was a nice one.

I'm 43 now. Wow. Weird. Very weird.