Saturday, March 22, 2008

don't even try to dissect this

Here's my dream from last night.

The setting was outdoors in bleachers, kind of like this:


(Yes I spent time searching the web for the "right" bleachers. It was important to the dream). We were all sitting in a group on the left side, waiting. I was with the Red Sox. (yep). Apparently, I was selected to be in some kind of group to try out. There was first going to be an exhibition game that the Sox played, in which some of us would be called in to show our stuff. I did not expect that I would be in this elite group of wannabes. Afterwards, however, we were going to practice with them, using the (Dah Dah Dah DAAAAAH) Kite Four. (Everyone was dutifully impressed that we were going to have that opportunity. I was then, as I am now, totally clueless). So, the real Red Sox players were hanging out together at the bottom of the bleachers while I was sitting toward the back with the rest of the newbies. There were, oh I don't know - some people from work, some friends, and several that I didn't know. The only exchange I remember was with someone I know from work who joked with me about being there to gawk. I was HIGHLY miffed. "I'm Trying OUT!!!" I retorted in my most patronizing fashion, effectively shutting her up for the rest of the night. (This bit was entirely consistent with my relationship with this person).

The thing was, though, that we sat there a long time. We were all getting restless. And I had to pee. I knew that I wasn't going to be called into the game because I wasn't good enough, but I did NOT want to miss practice with the (Dah Dah Dah DAAAAH) Kite Four. But I really really had to pee. I finally jumped up and threw off my shoes (apparently this is what you do in my personal dreamworld when you have to pee) and ran to the bathroom. Of course, when I got back, the game was over and the team and all the newbies had left for (Dah Dah Dah DAHHH) Kite Four practice.

At this point, I was all anxiety and confusion and frustration as I tried to find my shoes and socks to start to search out the rest of the team. I couldn't find my socks. Anywhere. I went running barefoot through the grass looking for the group. I finally found them (The real Red Sox, that is). I remember running up behind Mike Lowell and noticing that he had this nifty socks carrier on his back, under his shirt, as did the rest of the team. "AH!! I thought. So THAT'S why they never lose their socks!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's all very nice. But when you went to pee, were you at the top of a glass tower on top of a mountain with the German army marching toward you?

lrd said...

I also had a very vivid dream the night before last. It was easy to dissect, though.

I punched out one of my bosses. Elbow right in the face.

I actually woke up laughing. True story.

Oh how I love dreams...

Anonymous said...

L, I would say there's very little symbolism in that one! Just literal. lol

Anonymous said...

Guess we could call you shoeless J?


trouble

Kanga Jen said...

Hello trouble - missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi J... sorry, been having an issue or two. I'm so ready for baseball season! Q playing this year?

Trouble.