Monday, October 16, 2006

You like me! You really like me!

Stop bitacle org

Huh. They got my blog.

I don't understand all the talk about robots and crawlers and RSS feeds and such. But it seems this Spanish site is pulling (or scraping, as the lingo goes) entire blogs, including mine, and archiving them on their site. They then surround them by ads and make money off of other people's work. Trying to understand all this is making my head hurt, so I'll leave it to folks like Jonathan Bailey at Plagiarism Today and Lorelle at WordPress to keep a finger on the pulse of this. Click on the button at the top of this to go to a website dedicated to Bringing. Bitacle. Dooooown. If you're interested, that is.

I'm thinking "Hey! Someone's interested in my writing!" ...which I know really isn't the case since I figure they're pulling everything with RSS feed (or ATOM or whatever) off of blogspot. But I can pretend I'm important and have the right to be irate, right?

1 comment:

JeepGirl said...

Jen, I don't know that much about it either, but I think there's a place in your Blog Preferences to "uncheck" RSS feeds. That may help anyway.

Weirdness.