Thursday, August 04, 2005

Happy, worried, good


Friend K brought this bracelet back for me from their vacation in Minnesota - how cool is that!!??

Our friends Jamie and Jamie are back from their 3 month trip too. We went over to their house last night for about 5 hours and drank wine to toast their brand new house and the kids ran around in the woods in the dark trying to scare each other. Friends are what make my world.

Which brings me to my current worries about my kids (there's always something). Q is back to his old ways of fighting with anyone that comes in his path. He's not physical (other than "accidental" mild pushes and such) so I guess I should be glad about that. He's just crabby and no fun to be around. He was horrible to Paige, his babysitter yesterday. He fights with E constantly. He has some great friends, but I told him they're not going to want to hang out with him when he treats them so rudely. In general, he's improved, but over the last few weeks, he's had a big backslide. Guess I shouldn't worry so much, but when do you know when these behaviors are just phases and when he needs a little extra help to help him deal with his strong emotions? I've got the names of two counselors that have been recommended to me by other moms. I may need to give them a call.

This is a picture of my latest knitting project for my new niece Sarah Beth (5 weeks old). I got to hold her last weekend, and she is a sweetie - all warm and sweet smelling. I love babies.

Oh, and update on the poster saga. Gao and I took the sparkling nice poster printed by my coworker Larry and the sucky poster printer by the professional service provided by Langley to all employees back to Graphics to show them the difference. I was very polite and told them that I would like to use their services, and was letting them know the print quality I needed. You know what I was told? "Well, we're not in the business of printing posters and we don't really care if you take your business somewhere else." Bah!?? We went straight to our branch head and nailed that guy. He's wrong. His company is being PAID to provide a service to us and obviously he is unable to provide it. The real story is that he's an "artist" and really wants to be designing our posters for us. No. Way. Like he would understand the science points I'm trying to get across. Anyway. Things are good. I've got a nice poster to take up to New Hampshire and I was very professional in dealing with this whole thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: Q. My kids are acting the same way. My opinion? Too much unstructured time. They NEED to be back in school so badly. I think they are just bored out of their skulls. Wish we could have year-around school here. A three-week break is about all they need or want and I'm quoting them! Good luck! Jodie

Kanga Jen said...

You're probably right about the unstructured time. I've also gotten much more strict on their bedtimes and Quinton, especially, seems to be doing better. He needs 11 hours of sleep (or more) every night. I've been bad about enforcing bedtime this summer. It's hard since it's light out so late and our schedule is so relaxed.
Thanks!!!! :-)